For all you fledgling internet barons out there – your real estate is about to increase in value (and cost). Starting July 1, pricing on .NET and .COM extensions are increasing. Reasoning is hard to come buy. VeriSign, the organization who manages the registry for those extensions merely announced that prices are increasing (so get over it).
Before you get too bent out of shape – the effects are minimal, 10% increase for .NET, 7% increase for .COM – keeping both likely within the $10 range for new domains. The best plan for beating the spike is obviously to renew any domains you plan on keeping now – and maybe decide to snatch up the ones you have been considering.
Techbargains.com compiled a handy little list of coupons for registering cheaply before the hike:
- GoDaddy $7.49 .COM ($2.50 off) Renewals Work! Coupon Code: OYH10 (Exp 6/30)
- GoDaddy 10% off Sitewide Coupon Code: PODCAST10 (Exp 6/30)
- GoDaddy 25% off $75+ Orders Coupon Code: gdd5013g (Exp 6/30)
- 1and1 .COM Domain Registration FREE for one yr, .info $0.99, .net $6.99 Coupon (Exp 6/30)
- dotster Free Domain Registration w/Hosting Coupon Code: FREEDOM9 (Exp 6/30)
- dotster Transfer now and get your .COM domain 1 year for FREE (Exp 6/30)
- dotster Transfer your domain + get 1yr renewal for $6.99 (best for non .COM domains; Exp 6/30)
- Network Solutions $25 off $150+ Coupon Code: GCXXX02978 (New customers only; Exp 6/30)
- Network Solutions $50 off any $250 purchase Coupon Code: GCXXX02902 (New customers only; Exp 6/30)
- Network Solutions 20% off new domains (.com, .net, .org, .biz, .info, .name, and .us) Coupon Code: PCXXX02980 (Exp 6/30)