Job Posting: DIGITAL MEDIA PLANNER
The Digital Media Planner will be responsible for identifying the best mix of digital media channels to deliver an advertising message to a clients’ target audience. Using research data, they consider what is going to be most effective within the budget allocated and give the client’s product or service maximum exposure. Responsibilities include:
• Pre Planning
- Client brief: Discussing clients advertising strategy and building up a picture about their target audience
- Obtaining client’s objectives and budget parameters from the client lead or project manager
- Analyzing and researching the target audience’s character, purchasing and media habits, and using that research to develop a media strategy
• Planning and buying
- Create media strategy deck to be reviewed by client lead and presented to client
- Once approved work with logistics company who will send out RFP’s to the necessary publishers
- Review all the RFP submissions and use those to formulate a media plan
- Rate negotiation is handled by our logistics company however you need to have the knowledge of the industry to push back where necessary
- Place media plan in a format presentable to client
- Once approved notify logistics company so they can collect IO’s from the publishers and push through the trafficking brief to the Location3 Media Coordinator
• Communicate specific creative requirements necessary for the campaign to the client team and media coordinator along with a brief they can present to either the client or the creative team.
• Schedule kickoff meetings with the media coordinator to review approved plan. At this time the campaign is handed over to the Media Coordinator.
• Optimization and Analysis
- Develop quarterly plans for display clients to ensure we continue to be innovative in the space and open the client up to new features and opportunities
- Monitor performance of publishers across all display clients
- Monitor overall spend and display service performance across all display clients
• Remain on top of the display industry
• Training of new staff that are responsible for display elements, and keeping the team up to date on industry news and best practices.
• Remaining on top of adserver technology and offerings, including:
- Maintaining competitive rates
- Ensuring we are on top of all best practices that are available in the adserver such as in-video and dynamic messaging etc.
- Reviewing adservers every two years
• Work with business development to ensure strong customized pitches to prospective clients. This includes helping with the development of PowerPoint decks, and ensuring those are up to date with the latest and greatest in the space.
• Attend business development pitches when relevant.
• Being active on the Digital Briefs blog for display
• Shared responsibility of client growth with the client leads
• Input milestones and to-dos into Workamajig, our time tracking tool
• Spend time keeping our strategies, tools, best practices, technology needs up to date.
• Collaboration with creative department
• Collaboration with analytics department
• Manage media logistics & third party vendor partnerships
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in display advertising and/or media buying in the digital space.
• High attention to detail.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong Excel skills, particularly in the use of formulas and vlookups.
• Strong analytical skills and ability to sort through data and find solutions to challenges.
• Good negotiating skills.
• Self-starter who is able to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
• Knowledge of display ad servers, Google Analytics and the Google Display Network required.
• Previous agency experiences a plus.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Display Planner” as the subject. Please indicate your salary requirements.